Georgia is situated at the crossroads of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, bordered by Russia to the north, Azerbaijan to the southeast, Armenia to the south, and Turkey to the southwest. MBBS in Georgia is a popular choice for Indian students who aspire to become doctors. It is a six-year program that is taught entirely in English. The medical universities in Georgia are recognized by the WHO, UNESCO and the National Medical Commission (NMC) of India, which means that students who graduate from these universities are eligible to practice medicine in India and all over the World. Georgia is a safe and welcoming country for international students, with a low crime rate and a friendly population. Studying MBBS in Georgia has advantages and disadvantages, but the disadvantages can be solved.
Overall, MBBS in Georgia is a good option for Indian students who are looking for an affordable and high-quality medical education. The cost of living in Georgia is also relatively low, making it a budget-friendly option for international students. So, if you are interested in achieving your dream of becoming a doctor from Georgia, look no further, as this article is your holy grail. From admission procedures to top NMC-approved colleges, this is the destination for every aspect of Studying MBBS in Georgia.
Table of Contents
- Key Features of studying MBBS in Georgia
- About Georgia
- Quick facts
- Recognition of Georgia Medical College
- Documents Required
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Procedure
- MBBS Syllabus in Georgia
- Top MBBS Colleges in Georgia
- Advantages of studying MBBS in Georgia
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Key Features of studying MBBS in Georgia
Georgia is situated at the crossroads of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, bordered by Russia to the north, Azerbaijan to the southeast, Armenia to the south, and Turkey to the southwest. The capital and largest city of Georgia is Tbilisi. Studying MBBS in Georgia has gained popularity among international students due to several key features. Here are some of the notable aspects:
- Recognized by NMC and WHO
- Modern Equipment and Infrastructure
- No Entrance tests
- English-Medium Programs
- Safe and Welcoming Environment
- Quality of Education
Georgia is a country of Transcaucasia situated at the end of the Black Sea. It is bounded north and northeast by Russia, east and southeast by Azerbaijan, south by Armenia and Turkey, and west by the Black Sea.
|Area||69,700 square kilometres (26,900 sq mi)|
Other largest cities are Kutaisi, Batumi, and Sokhumi, to name a few.
|Climate||Humid Subtropical Climate|
|Literacy Rate||99.4 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+4 (GET)|
|Religion||88.1% of Christianity|
—83.4% Georgian Orthodoxy
—5.7% Other Christian
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Georgia, let’s look at Quick Facts about Study MBBS in Georgia.
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Duration of MBBS in Georgia||6 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (PCB) with 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, WFME & many more|
|Cost of Living in Georgia||Rs.12-15 Thousand/Month|
|Minimum Course Fee||Rs.2.52 Lakhs/Year|
|NEET Entrance Exam||NEET Qualified (Only)|
Recognition of Georgia Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide the good and best medical college. Medical colleges in Georgia are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Georgia.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Before being admitted to a Medical college in Georgia, do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Georgia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Georgia Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year of MBBS fees in Georgia (required for some Universities).
- Medical test documents.
Georgia has always been one of the most preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Georgia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET, MBBS in Georgia without NEET is possible, but you would be forced to be permanent there.|
|IELTS or TOEFL||IELTS & TOEFL scores are not required|
If you want to take MBBS Admission in Georgia, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam. One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET-UG Exam that will help you boost preparing the NEET exam.
MBBS Syllabus in Georgia
Before going to Georgia for Medical, Studies compare the MBBS Syllabus of Georgia’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities.
|1st Year||Anatomy, Medical Genetics, Medical Genetics, Biochemistry,|
Molecular Biology, Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems, History
of Medicine, Clinical & Professional Skills I, Clinical & Professional
|2nd Year||Haematology, Immunology, Biophysics, Introduction to Public Health,|
Clinical & Professional Skills III, Endocrine, Renal & Reproductive
Systems, Nanomedicine, Philosophy
Top MBBS Colleges in Georgia
we will guide you through the Top NMC & WHO recognised Universities/Colleges in Georgia for Indian Students that you should look forward to if you want to pursue an MBBS in Georgia in the year 2023.
|S.No.||Name of the Universities||Tuition Fees/Year||Hostel Fees/Year||Annual Fees/Year|
|1||Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University||Rs. 4,20,000||Rs. 2,10,000||Rs. 6,30,000|
|2||New Vision University Georgia||Rs. 4,90,000||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 6,90,000|
|3||Akaki Tsereteli State University||Rs. 4,30,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 4,70,000|
|4||David Tvildiani Medical University||Rs. 7,34,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 7,74,000|
|5||European University||Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 70,000||Rs. 4,20,000|
|6||Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University||Rs. 2,80,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 3,20,000|
|7||LLC Caucasus International University||Rs. 3,94,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 4,34,000|
|8||Tbilisi State Medical University||Rs. 5,94,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 6,34,000|
|9||Geomedi Medical University||Rs. 2,40,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 2,80,000|
|10||East European University||Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 1,75,000||Rs. 5,25,000|
|11||Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates Georgia||5,00,000||NA||NA|
|12||Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy||Rs. 4,20,000||Rs. 2,10,000||Rs. 6,30,000|
|13||Teaching University Geomedi||Rs. 4,26,000||NA||Rs. 4,26,000|
|14||“AIETI” Medical School||Rs. 5,01,620||Rs. 46,000||Rs. 5,47,620|
|15||Tbilisi Public University||Rs. 5,17,700||NA||Rs. 5,17,700|
|16||Kutaisi Medical Institute, Georgia||$5,500||NA||NA|
|17||Grigol Robakidze University||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 2,10,000||Rs. 5,25,000|
NOTE: The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Georgia
As a student zeros in on options to study MBBS abroad, it is a prerogative to consider the following points regarding MBBS colleges in Georgia.
- English-Medium Education: Most medical universities in Georgia offer MBBS programs in English, which is beneficial for international students who may not be fluent in the local language.
- Global Recognition: Many Georgian medical universities are recognized by international medical organizations.
- Affordability: The cost of studying MBBS in Georgia is often more affordable compared to many countries. This includes tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses.
- High-Quality Education: Some Georgian medical universities are known for providing a high standard of education. The curriculum is designed to meet international standards, and students often have access to modern facilities and technology.
- Safety and Hospitality: Georgia is known for its safety and hospitality. International students often find the country to be welcoming and supportive and the Universities may provide support services to help students adapt to the new environment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the cost of studying MBBS in Georgia?
The cost of studying MBBS in Georgia is often more affordable compared to many countries.
Are Georgian medical degrees internationally recognized?
Yes, Georgian medical universities are recognized by international bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Medical Commission of India, known as MCI.
How long is the duration of the MBBS program in Georgia?
The MBBS program in Georgia is six years long.
Are the MBBS programs in Georgia taught in English?
Yes, many medical universities in Georgia offer MBBS programs in English.
Can I work part-time while studying MBBS in Georgia?
International students in Georgia may be allowed to work part-time during their studies, but the regulations can vary. It’s important to check the specific rules and limitations set by the Georgian authorities.
What are the career prospects after completing MBBS in Georgia?
Graduates of recognized medical programs in Georgia may pursue further studies, residency programs, or practice medicine in various countries.