Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy, often called Tbilisi Medical Academy, is a private medical university in Tbilisi, Georgia. It was established in 1992 and was later renamed in honour of Petre Shotadze. The university offers a range of programs, including Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees. It is recognized by organizations like NMC, WHO, UNESCO, and more. The university’s flagship program is a 6-year educational program in Medicine.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy welcomes international students from countries such as Iraq, Iran, Armenia, and India, providing a truly international experience. It is a recognized choice for pursuing an MBBS in Georgia. The academy places a strong emphasis on intensive clinical teaching and fostering positive student interaction to provide continuous support to its students. Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Georgia.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Why Study MBBS at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Courses Offered by Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Admission Procedure for Indian Students
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia Ranking in 2023-24
- Documents Required at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Fees Structure
- Hostel and Accommodation at Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy MBBS Syllabus
- Why Study in Tbilisi, Georgia
Before we review the information about Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia, let us look at the TMA Georgia important details.
|Name of Institute||Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia|
|Popular Name||TMA Georgia|
|Year of Establishment||1992|
|Language of Teaching||English/Georgian|
|Approved By||NMC & WHO|
|Tbilisi Medical Academy World Ranking||Country Rank- 35|
World Rank- 11731
|Category||Medical Colleges in Georgia|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- WFME World Federation of Medical Education
Why Study MBBS at Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia
Here are the top reasons to consider pursuing an MBBS degree at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia:
- This college does not require IELTS and TOEFL.
- The Medical Council of India (MCI) recognizes this university.
- The education quality is good, and the fee structure is affordable.
- This college conducts its instruction in English.
- The College offers secure accommodation facilities and provides Indian food options.
Courses Offered by Tbilisi Medical Academy
The Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia offers good medical programs under the management of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. TMA University Georgia is well-known for its MBBS programs.
|(MBBS)||6 Years (English Medium)|
Admission Procedure for Indian Students
Georgia has consistently been one of the top preferred destinations for international students seeking to pursue Medical Degree Courses. If you are also interested in studying MBBS at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy in Georgia, please review the eligibility criteria below. Direct Admission in MBBS in Georgia.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Ranking in 2023-24
According to Edurank, Tbilisi Medical Academy ranking in Georgia and Tbilisi Medical Academy world ranking:
|Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Country Ranking||35|
|Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy World Ranking||11731|
Documents Required at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
Before taking admission to Tbilisi Medical Academy, please do not forget to carry all these documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Georgia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Georgian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Fees Structure
The fee structure of the Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Fees for the undergraduate medical course is stated in the section. Hence, for Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia fee structure, the data as mentioned below:-
|TMA Georgia Fee Structure||In Doller: 6000 USD|
In Rupees: 4,20,000 Rupees/yr.
|Hostel Fee||In Doller: 3000 USD|
In Rupees: 2,10,000 Rupees/yr.
Note: The mentioned fee is approximate and is subject to change.
Hostel and Accommodation at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia
- The institution provides convenient on-campus dorms to keep students close to their lectures and facilities.
- Those seeking alternatives can obtain assistance from the university in finding suitable off-campus housing.
- On-campus living includes furnished rooms, common areas, and often internet access.
- The cost of accommodation can vary based on the type and location of the facility; generally, on-campus housing tends to be more budget-friendly.
- To secure accommodations, it’s advisable to do so early and seek guidance from the university’s student services.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy MBBS Syllabus
Before submitting your application to Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy in Georgia, it’s a good idea to compare the MBBS syllabus with that of some of the top-ranked medical institutes in Georgia that have approval from the NMC.
|1st year||1st semester||Anatomy|
|2nd semester||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd year||3rd semester||Histology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, General Pathology|
|4th semester||Biochemistry, Micro-Biology, Physiology|
|3rd year||5th semester||Pathology, Pharmacology, Micro-Biology, Path physiology|
|6th semester||Pathology, Path Physiology, and Pharmacology, Genetics|
|4th-6th year||7th-12th semester||General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
Why Study in Tbilisi, Georgia
Studying in Tbilisi delivers a range of outstanding benefits:
- Tbilisi is a diverse city that provides a culturally rich experience as you interact with people from various backgrounds.
- Tbilisi is home to prestigious organisations that provide a wide range of programmes and faculties to international students.
- Tbilisi typically offers more affordable living costs and tuition fees compared to many Western countries, making quality education more accessible.
- You may understand or improve your language abilities while studying in Tbilisi since there are different programs in English and possibilities to learn Georgian.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where is the Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy, Georgia, located?
51/2 Ketevan Dedofali Ave, Tbilisi 0144, Georgia
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available case-to-case basis.
Does the Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Georgia accept transfers?
Tbilisi Medical Academy accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
What is the ranking of Tbilisi Medical College in the world?
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy world ranking is 11731.