Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission 2024: The Tamil Nadu Nursing Entrance Exam 2024 will be conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu. The online submission of the Application form for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course for the 2024-25 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges, Government seats in Self-Financing Medical Colleges affiliated to The Tamilnadu Dr M.G.R Medical University can be accessed from the following websites (www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in / www.tnmedicalselection.org).
This article provides detailed information about Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission 2024: the Application Form, Application Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Result, Admit Card, Counselling, Merit List, and significant details.
|Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission 2024
|Tamil Nadu B.Sc. Nursing/M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2024, Tamil Nadu Nursing Entrance Exam
|Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu B.Sc Nursing Dates
The necessary information related to the important events and dates is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants:
|Date of Notification
|To be Announced
|Commencement of Registration of online application/download of filled-in online application
|To be Announced
|Last date for Registration of online application/download of online filled-in application
|To be Announced
|Last date for receipt of the filled-in online application
|To be Announced
|Address to which the filled-in online application along with enclosures are to be sent
|The Secretary, Selection Committee, No.162, E.V.R. Periyar High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai – 10.
|Expected date for declaration of Merit through official website
|To be Announced
|Tentative Allotment of seats
|To be Announced
|Last date of admission
|To be Announced
How to Fill Application Form?
Here you can find information about Applying to Tamil Nadu Nursing 2024 Admission (B.Sc. Nursing) courses application form; candidates are advised to check the application form before applying. Let’s have a look.
- The candidate should log on in any one of the following websites (www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in / www.tnmedicalselection.org
- The Fee for the online application process is Rs. 400/- and should be paid via bank portal.
- Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields.
- Request for change in any particulars in the online application shall not be entertained under any circumstances after submission. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one Application Form. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, his candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates should ensure that all information entered in the online application are correct during the online submission of the application form.
- Candidates should submit the printout of the filled-in online application form (Hard Copy) along with necessary enclosures.
Candidates are instructed to enclose only the photocopies (not original) of the following certificates in the order indicated below, along with the filled-in online application form.
- HSC Mark Sheet.
- Diploma in Nursing Mark Sheet (1st Year, 2nd Year & 3rd Year) along with internship mark sheet
- Midwifery / Psychiatry Nursing Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate obtained after the completion of Diploma in Nursing Course.
- Nativity Certificate (wherever necessary)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card (wherever necessary)
- Provisional Certificate / Completion of Diploma in Nursing Certificate.
- Permanent Registration Certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery/ Psychiatry Nursing.
- Service Certificate:- The Service candidates should have completed 2 years of continuous regular service as of 31.05.2024 excluding the leave period for which the candidate is eligible/ availed other than casual and compensatory leave.
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu origin who had studied in other Universities and other States have to produce the Eligibility
Note: (a) The candidates belonging to communities should submit to BC, BCM, MBC/DNC, SC and SCA a photocopy of the community certificate issued by the competent Revenue authority of the area concerned. The candidates who belong to the Scheduled Tribe should submit a photocopy of the permanent community card obtained from the Revenue Divisional Officer of the Revenue Division.
(b) Community certificates obtained from other states will not be considered, and such candidates will be treated as an open category.
This section provides information about Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission Eligibility Criteria; candidates have to be advised to check the complete eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
|Candidates should be a citizen of India
|Candidates should not have completed 45 years as of 31st December 2024. Evidence should be produced.
|> Candidates should have passed in H.S.C. qualifying Examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board or any other equivalent examination.
> Candidates should have passed the Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery course
> Candidates should have registered as Nurse & Midwife in the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council or any other State Nursing Council.
> Candidates Should have obtained a General Nursing and Midwifery certificate and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council or any other State Nursing Council.
- Candidates should be Native of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates belonging to other States cannot claim nativity of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates who are Native of Tamil Nadu and have studied 8th Std to 12th standard in schools of Tamil Nadu and studied Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years in Tamil Nadu need not enclose the “Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are Native of Tamil Nadu, but have studied 8th Std to 12th standard and Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years outside Tamil Nadu either partly or completely in one or more states should produce the Nativity Certificate along with true copies of their parent’s certificates such as Birth Certificate / SSLC /HSC /Transfer Certificate and Ration Card / Passport to substantiate their place of birth in Tamil Nadu, to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate along with the Nativity Certificate of the candidate.
- The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu of the candidate should be issued by the competent authority only and supported by a copy of Passport / Aadhar / Voter’s ID/ Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu alone will be considered for communal reservation.
- Other State candidates who are not native of Tamil Nadu but who have Studied 8th standard to 12th standard and studied Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years in Tamil Nadu will be treated as OC (Open Competition)
Note: Producing a false nativity certificate if detected later during the course of study will result in the expulsion of the candidate and the initiation of criminal proceedings against the candidate and the Parents as per law.
Calculation of Marks:- The total marks obtained in Diploma in Nursing Course must be reduced to the base of 90 marks, and the weighted total marks obtained should be calculated accurately to two decimals. The marks are thus arrived at as shown below.
- The merit list for the Post Basic B.Sc., (Nursing) the course will be prepared by computing the Diploma in Nursing marks for 90 and experience marks for 10 which would form the aggregate marks for 100.
- One mark for each completed year of experience as of 31.05.2020, which is calculated from the last date of the month of passing the Diploma in Nursing Examination subject to a maximum of 10 marks shall be awarded as experienced candidates. mark for both service and non-service
- Determination of Inter- se merit:
- In the case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks out of a total aggregate of 100 marks, the inter-se merit of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of the following order of preference.
- Least number of appearances in the final year Diploma in Nursing Examination.
- Marks obtained in the Psychiatry / Midwifery examination of Diploma in Nursing Examination.
- Seniority in age will be given preference.
This section provides information about the Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission Counselling procedure; candidates have to advise to check the complete Counselling procedure.
- Online Counselling Schedule will be available only on the website should lock their choices of Colleges as per the schedule.
- Selection and Admission will be made on a merit basis for all categories of seats in Post Basic B.Sc., (Nursing) Course through counselling, following the rule of reservation/ Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu as per G. O. Ms No: 206/P & AR(K) Dept, dated: 6.11.08, whichever is applicable and availability of seats. Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available immediately on the websites (www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in / www.tnmedicalselection.org)
- Counselling for the special Category will be done before the General Category. There will be no re-allotment/ change of college allotted for the Special Category.
- The processing fee of Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty Only) should be paid through online mode via bank payment portal to participate in the online counselling.
- A candidate who has not registered and has not locked their choices in the 1st round of online counselling will not be permitted to the subsequent rounds of online counselling.
- At the time of choice filling, candidates can choose the College of their own choices on a merit basis and the same will be allotted as per the availability of seats.
- The allotted candidates should download their provisional allotment order and join the course in the concerned Medical College/Institution on or before the stipulated date and time.
- The movement of candidates from self-financing to Government colleges and from one college to another college (only for Government colleges) will be based on merit and following the rule of reservation/roster method.
- If the candidate opts out of a seat at the time of counselling, he/she cannot claim the seat from which he/she opted out at any point of time for the current session.
- Individual requests for transfer of college will not be entertained.
- The mutual transfer will not be entertained.
- All selections for Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) Course are only provisional. The Selection and admission are liable to be cancelled at any time as and when the eligibility conditions are found to be defective in addition to the revelation of suppressed and overlooked facts.
This section provides information about the Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission Selection procedure; candidates must advise checking the complete selection method.
- The selection will be made on a merit basis and by counselling applying the Rule of reservation / Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu whichever is applicable.
- Any remaining unfilled seats for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to the SCA community shall be filled by candidates belonging to the SC community other than Arunthathiyar as per merit and vice versa.
- Any remaining reserved seats in ST Quota for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to ST community shall be allotted to candidates belonging to the SC Community as per merit. (G.O.Ms.No.77/Health & Family Welfare Department.
- Any remaining unfilled seats in the BCM Community for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates after exhausting the merit list shall be filled up on a merit basis by candidates belonging to the BC community without exceeding the quota for the BC community as a whole
- Even after filling up the required seats reserved for Arunthathiyars on a preferential basis, if more qualified Arunthathiyars are available, such excess number of candidates of Arunthathiyars shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them.
This section provides information about the Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission Seat Reservation; candidates have to be advised to check the complete category-wise seat reservation criteria.
Government Quota Seats in Self-Financing Colleges
|Name of the college
|Madras Medical College, Chennai
|Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem
The admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course is open to men and women in the ratio of 1: 9 (10% for men and 90% for women). The third-gender candidates who identify themselves as female by self-declaration supported by the certificate (ID Card) issued by the Tamil Nadu Third Welfare Board (TNGWB) are eligible to get allotment as female candidates.
Seats reserved for Orthopaedically Physically Disabled in Post Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) Course.
- 5% of the total number of seats available in Government Colleges are reserved for Orthopaedically Physically Disabled candidates. In the first instance in the reservation of the seats, candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% shall be considered and in case candidates are not available in that category, then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% may be considered. The other conditions for admission into Post Basic B.Sc.(Nursing) the course will be applicable as in the case of the general category.
- The candidates are required to produce a certificate from the District Medical Board of the area concerned constituted for this purpose assessing the nature and the extent of the Physical Disability in the format prescribed in Annexures – I & II.
- The Medical Certificate issued by the District Medical Board of the area concerned for this purpose is subject to the confirmation of the Expert Committee constituted by the Director of Medical Education at the time of counselling.
- The candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full-size photograph exhibiting the deformity.
- The certificate must have been obtained within three months prior to submitting the application for admission under this category. If the Certificate has been obtained earlier, the application will be rejected.
Fee Details & Instructions
|Tuition fee for Govt. Colleges (per annum)
|Tuition fee for Self Financing. Colleges (per annum)
|Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is there any entrance exam to get admission to Chettinad College of Nursing in Tamilnadu?
A. Admission is based on Merit through the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu Counselling.
Q. Are government medical start to give applications for B.Sc. Nursing in Tamilnadu?
A. No, the online registration form for Tamil Nadu nursing admission does not yet start.
Q. How can I apply for a nursing course in Tamil Nadu?
A. Admission is based on the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu guidelines.
Q. Which nursing course is among ANM, GNM, and Nursing best?
A. If the students come from a science background with Biology as a subject, the GNM diploma will be the best place to start. Graduates of the GNM programme can pursue a BSc in Nursing or a BSc (Post-Basic) Nursing degree