Top Pharmacy Colleges in Chandigarh: Chandigarh, the capital of the northern Indian states of Punjab and Haryana, was designed by the Swiss-French modernist architect, Le Corbusier. The name Chandigarh is a compound of Chandi and Garh. Chandi refers to the Hindu goddess Chandi and Garh means fortress. Chandigarh is located near the foothills of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas in northwest India. It borders the states of Haryana and Punjab.
This state has some of the premier Pharmacy colleges like University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh. These Best Pharmacy Colleges in Chandigarh is among the Pharmacy Colleges in India. In this article, we will get to know about Pharmacy Courses and Colleges in Chandigarh. Let us have a look.
Top Pharmacy Colleges in Chandigarh 2024-25
Before we discuss Best Pharmacy Colleges in Chandigarh, let us have a look at the Course Overview to get admission to these Pharmacy Colleges.
|3 and 4 years
|10+2 with science subjects
|Based on counselling after clearing the Entrance Tests test for different colleges and Few Institutions offer direct admission into the Pharmacy programme without appearing in an entrance test on the basis of the 12th marks.
|INR 15,000 to 1.2 LPA
|Average Starting Salary
|Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month
|Top Recruiting Companies
|Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private), State-wise Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards, Medical Shop chains (the likes of Apollo Pharmacy), Chemist Shops, Cipla, Abbott India, Research bodies and labs, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Biocon, Glaxo Smith Kline India
|Chemical/Drug Technician, Bio-Technology Industries, Drug Therapist, Drug Inspector, Hospital Drug Coordinator, Health Inspector, Pharmacist, Pathological Lab, Research & Development, Making Prescription to Patients, Scientist, Research Officer
Numerous jobs are available for pharmacists in government as well as private organizations. After completing your studies, you can easily find jobs in pharmaceutical industries, government departments, colleges and universities, hospitals, investigation and research institute etc and One can also work in retail stores of medicines. After registering with the state Pharmacy Council, you can open chemist/drug shop and sell medicines as per doctors prescription.
Best Pharmacy Colleges in Chandigarh
Here is the updated list of all Pharmacy Colleges in Chandigarh officially made by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India). To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the link. Enjoy Reading..!!
1. University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University
The University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Panjab University, established in 1944 is a premier institution of Pharmaceutical Education and Research in the country. The institute runs programs in courses of D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm and PhD approved by the UGC & AICTE.
|D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm, PhD
|Year of Establishment:
- For admission to the Pharmacy courses, the student must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.
- Students have to secure a min of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students, those pass the 3-year (D.Pharm) are also eligible.
- The admission process may vary from institute to institute.
- Most of the colleges or Institutions intake students on the basis of marks scored in GPAT.
- After that, they have to undergo vigorous counselling and personal interview.
- Some of the colleges select students on the basis of merit i.e, the marks obtained in one’s bachelor’s degree in the same field.
- Colleges also conduct their private entrance exams for the admissions.
- Most institutes offer this course according to performance in the related entrance exam, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. D.Pharma. Admission Process generally varies across colleges.
- A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
B Pharma: Students applying for Bachelor of Pharmacy should have 50% in 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics or physics, chemistry and biology. Students having Diploma in Pharmacy can also opt for this course.
M Pharma: The minimum eligibility for Master of pharmacy the course is a recommended minimum score of 50% in Bachelor of pharmacy from any recognized university or equivalent.
D.Pharma: The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a 10+2 or equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized educational board. D.Pharma. Admission Process is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance exam or merit obtained in the last qualifying exam.
Some of the top entrance exam conducted for admission to the course in India are:
- AU AIMEE
- PU CET
- PUNJAB JET
Here some important link of Colleges like Medical, Dental, BHMS BSMS, BUMS etc.