Top Pharmacy Colleges in Meghalaya: Meghalaya is a state in Northeast India. The state is bounded to the south by the Bangladeshi divisions of Mymensingh and Sylhet, to the west by the Bangladeshi division of Rangpur, and the north and east by the India State of Assam. The capital of Meghalaya is Shillong.
There are some state-run Colleges in Meghalaya which offers a degree in various professional courses but sadly the state does not have any Pharmacy College. There is no any Pharmacy college in Meghalaya (According to the reports of Central Council of Indian Medicine). The government work hard on it Hopefully, in the next coming future, there will be several Pharmacy colleges in Meghalaya.
Aspirants who belong to Meghalaya state may get the admission in any other states Pharmacy colleges. Here in this article, we will get to know about Top Pharmacy Colleges in Meghalaya to study the best Pharmacy courses.
Table of Contents
- Top Pharmacy Colleges in Meghalaya 2024-25
- Job Career
- Best Pharmacy Colleges in Meghalaya
- Admission Process
Top Pharmacy Colleges in Meghalaya 2024-25
Before we discuss Best Pharmacy Colleges in Meghalaya, let us have a look at the Course Overview to get admission to these Pharmacy Colleges.
|Course Level||Graduate, Diploma|
|Duration||3 and 4 years|
|Examination Type||Professional system|
|Eligibility||10+2 with science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on counselling after clearing the Entrance Tests test for different colleges and Few Institutions offer direct admission into the Pharmacy programme without appearing in an entrance test based on the 12th marks.|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000 to 3.5 LPA|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private), State-wise Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards, Medical Shop chains (the likes of Apollo Pharmacy), Chemist Shops, Cipla, Abbott India, Research bodies and labs, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Biocon, Glaxo Smith Kline India|
|Job Positions||Chemical/Drug Technician, Bio-Technology Industries, Drug Therapist, Drug Inspector, Hospital Drug Coordinator, Health Inspector, Pharmacist, Pathological Lab, Research & Development, Making Prescription to Patients, Scientist, Research Officer|
Numerous jobs are available for pharmacists in government as well as private organizations. After completing your studies, you can easily find jobs in pharmaceutical industries, government departments, colleges and universities, hospitals, investigation and research institute etc and One can also work in retail stores of medicines. After registering with the state Pharmacy Council, you can open chemist/drug shop and sell medicines as per doctors prescription.
Best Pharmacy Colleges in Meghalaya
Sorry, the state does not have any Pharmacy college. The government work hard on it Hopefully, in the next coming future, there will be several Pharmacy colleges in Meghalaya. Aspirants who belong to Meghalaya state may get the admission in any other states Pharmacy colleges. Here are updated list of some State-wise Pharmacy Colleges lists officially made by Central Council of Indian Medicine. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link.
- For admission to the Pharmacy courses, the student must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.
- Students have to secure a min of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students, those pass the 3-year (D.Pharm) are also eligible.
- The admission process may vary from institute to institute.
- Most of the colleges or Institutions intake students based on marks scored in GPAT.
- After that, they have to undergo vigorous counselling and personal interview.
- Some of the colleges select students based on merit i.e, the marks obtained in one’s bachelor’s degree in the same field.
- Colleges also conduct their private entrance exams for the admissions.
- Most institutes offer this course according to performance in the related entrance exam, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. D.Pharma. Admission Process generally varies across colleges.
- A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
B Pharma: Students applying for Bachelor of Pharmacy should have 50% in 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics or physics, chemistry and biology. Students having Diploma in Pharmacy can also opt for this course.
M Pharma: The minimum eligibility for Master of pharmacy the course is a recommended minimum score of 50% in Bachelor of pharmacy from any recognized university or equivalent.
D.Pharma: The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a 10+2 or equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized educational board. D.Pharma. Admission Process is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance exam or merit obtained in the last qualifying exam.
Some of the top entrance exam conducted for admission to the course in India are:
- AU AIMEE
Here some important link of Colleges like Medical, Dental, BHMS BSMS, BUMS etc.