Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 1 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 1 EVS Syllabus as you know very well that the CBSE has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. This article will get the Latest Class 1 EVS Syllabus for the academic year 2024-25.
The demand for Class 1 EVS at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of EVS as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for EVS. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 1st EVS
3. Class 1 EVS Syllabus
4. Class 1 EVS Useful Resources
5. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 1 EVS Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 1 EVS Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 1 Summary, below we have mentioned the complete CBSE Class 1 Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
|Class 1 Free E-Book
Objectives of Class 1st EVS
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components letter (s) and the sound values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
Class 1 EVS Syllabus 2024-25
Understanding the basics of EVS, and the use of Varnamala is the major area of concern for Class 1 EVS Subjects. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 1 EVS Syllabus with topics to be covered.
|School Readiness Program
|I-I and my Body
(II) Parts of the Body
|II- Our Needs
(II) Water & Shelter
|III- My family and Our Celebrations
|(I) My Family
(II) Festivals & Celebrations
|IV- Means of Transport and Road Safety
|(I) Means of Transport
(II) Road Safety
|V- Plants and Animals around us
|(I)Plants around us
(II) the Animals Kingdom
|VI- My Neighborhood
(II) Important Places
|VII- The Earth and the sky
|(I)Sun, Moon, Earth & Stars
|VIII- Good Habits
(II) Safety Habits
|Revision and Monthly Cycle Test
NOTE:- If any Changes then the Syllabus will be Updated Soon.
Class 1 EVS Syllabus Explained in Video
Below we have mentioned the Class 1 EVS Syllabus Parents have checked the complete EVS Syllabus in Video for a great score in the final examination.
Class 1 EVS Marking Scheme
Here in this session, We are providing the class 1 EVS Marking scheme, students/parents/teachers are advised to check the marking scheme of class 1 from the NCERT Book.
|Name of the Chapter
|Name of the Examination
|Chapter 1: Introduction
|Chapter 2: Part of the body
|Chapter 3: Food
|Revision & Half yearly exam
|Chapter 4: Water &Shelter
|Chapter 5: My family
|Chapter 6: Festival & Celebration
|Chapter 7: Means of Transport
|Chapter 8: Road Safety
|Chapter 9: Plants around us
|Chapter 10: Animal Kingdom
|Chapter 11: Our helper
|Chapter 12: Important Places
|Chapter 13: Sun, Moon, Earth & Stars
|Chapter 14: Season
|Chapter 15: Good habits
|Chapter 16: Safety Habits
|Revision & Final exam
Class 1 EVS Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the updated CBSE Class 1 EVS Study Material. Students can download the complete Subject wise in PDF Format for practice purposes.
|EVS Study Material
|Class Test Worksheet
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Do I Study With the Class 1st EVS Syllabus?
The Class 1 EVS Syllabus can plot an ideal study plan, so the students are always ready for their final exams and score good marks to remain ahead of the class. The students are advised to travel through the syllabus before beginning with their studies, so they plan the topics that are coming within the exams. They’ll also categorize the identical into easy, moderate, and difficult as per their mentality.
What is the syllabus of Class 1 EVS?
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 1 EVS is based on one book.
How do you teach EVS to first-class students?
Promote listening skills by telling your Class 1st students and asking them questions about the characters and the plot. Telling the story, rather than reading it, gives you the opportunity of observing your Class 1 students and see how much of the tale they are grasping. Teach sight words.
What are the books for Grade 1?
According to the Class 1 Syllabus, the NCERT Books for class 1 are – EVS Books.
Where will we get the free class 1 study material?
We are Edufever are Free and Open portal for all students to study with study material; we provide the free study material for all classes like syllabus, ebooks, worksheets, videos, sample papers, practice papers, NCERT Books etc.EVS Study Material
Class Test Worksheet