Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 11 for all the subjects. Program of Class 11 Geography Syllabus As you know very well, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 11 Geography Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2024-25, and this syllabus is free of cost.
The demand for Class 11 Geography at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and the early introduction of Geography as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and needs for Geography. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including essential reading and writing literacy skills.
Class 11 Geography Syllabus Overview
Before discussing the Class 11 Geography NCERT Syllabus, check the CBSE Class 11 Summary. Below, we have mentioned the complete CBSE Class 11 Summary. The student is advised to check out to complete the summary.
|CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
|Class 11 Free E-Book
Objectives of Class 11th Geography
The general objectives at Level 1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, and single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially about listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately.
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English.
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language.
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation.
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them.
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 11 Geography Syllabus 2024-25
Understanding foundational class, students in class 11 are introduced to the basic knowledge of Geography. They are taught the Fundamentals of Physical Geography, Environment, etc. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 11 Geography Syllabus 2024-25 with topics to be covered.
CBSE Class 11 Geography Syllabus 2024-25
In-depth knowledge of the Class 11 Geography syllabus to understand the exam pattern and marking scheme. By going through the CBSE Class 11 Syllabus, students will bring to understand the unit names, chapters under each unit and sub-topics involved in it. Let us now check the Syllabus with topics to be covered with exam patterns.
Class 11 Geography New Syllabus in PDF
IIn this section, we have mentioned the Class 11 Geography New Syllabus. Students can check the Geography New Syllabus for Class 11 for the academic year 2024-25.
Class 11 Geography Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 11 Geography Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2024-25 sessions. First of all, check the CBSE Class 11 Geography Exam Pattern. Students are advised to check the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Class 11 Geography Exam Pattern
IIn this section, we have mentioned the Class 11 Geography Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 11 Geography Exam Pattern for the academic year 2024-25.
|Fundamentals of Physical Geography
|Geography as a discipline
|Life on the Earth
|Map and diagram
|Climate, vegetation, and soil
|Natural Hazards and Disasters
|Map and Diagram
|Fundamentals of Maps
|Topographic and Weather Maps
|Practical Record Book and Viva
Geography Syllabus in PDF 2024-25
IIn this section, we have mentioned the geography syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the Geography Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2024-25.
CBSE 11 Study Materials
We have tried to bring all the valuable links to CBSE NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Marking Scheme, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials. You can visit all these crucial links by clicking the links/Icons given.
|NCERT Exemplar Book
|RD Sharma Solutions
|Previous Year Papers
|Physics Pradeep Solution