IPU CET BCA 2023 is India’s most popular Entrance Examination conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) Delhi. Successful candidates for the IPU CET BCA Entrance Examination will be eligible to apply for BCA courses offered by different Top IP University BCA colleges in Delhi/NCR.
This article will help you know various parameters associated with the IPU CET BCA Exam, Like the Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Patterns, Eligibility Criteria, Participating Institutes, and Exam Centres. Students who want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to check this complete article carefully.
Table of Contents
- Quick Facts
- Important Dates
- Why Choose IPU CET BCA?
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply Application Form?
- Application Form Correction
- Application Fees
- Exam Pattern
- Sample Paper
- IPU CET Syllabus
- Recommended Books
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Counselling Process
- Exam Centres
- Contact Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we complete the college IPU CET BCA review, let us look at the major details of IPU CET.
|Name of Examination||IPU CET BCA|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||BCA, BBA, MCA etc.|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|No. of Seats Available||Approx. 200+|
|In case of email@example.com|
Candidates applying for the IPU CET BCA 2023 exam need to check these important dates related to IPU CET BCA.
|Application process begins||9th feb 2023|
|Last date to fill the application form||14th May 2023|
|IP University application correction||To be notified|
|Issuing of admit cards||2nd week of May 2023|
|IPU mock test||To be notified|
|IPU CET 2023 exam||June 2023|
|IPU CET 2023 result||June 20, 2023|
Why Choose IPU CET BCA?
Before we go in deep, let us look over some of the salient features of IPU CET BCA 2023, which will answer why we chose the IPU CET BCA Entrance Exam.
- GGSIPU CET BCA scorecard is the mandatory requirement for the admission of more than 15 Top BCA Colleges in Delhi/NCR.
- The Entrance test is your gateway to some of the finest BCA colleges in Delhi/NCR, like Chandra Prabhu Jain College of Higher Studies, BLS Institute of Technology Management, Jagan Institute Of Management Studies etc.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about IPU CET BCA. First, look briefly at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of the Indraprastha University BCA Entrance examination.
Aspirants are advised to read the full detailed information on IPU CET BCA 2023 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Once going through all the requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of IPU CET BCA is given below:
|Nationality Criteria||Candidates applying for IPU CET BCA must be citizens of India.|
|Qualification Required||>Candidates should have passed 12th (CBSE) or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with a pass in English (core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science / Informatics Practice / Computer Applications.|
>SC/ST/PWD Category: Minimum 45% aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent exam.
>Candidates should have completed a 3-year diploma in any branch of Engineering from a polytechnic that is duly approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to a recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks.
|Age Criteria||>The age of the candidate should not be beyond 21 years.|
>Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC, ST & OBC) are given a relaxation of 2 years on the maximum age.
Note: Before applying for the test, all the candidates must ensure that the eligibility criteria stated here must be met.
How to Apply Application Form?
- On successful registration, you will receive the Login ID and Password on your registered email. Use these to log in and fill your online application form.
- The application for this program is a 2 step process.
- Step 1: Registration and profile creation.
- Step 2: After login with credentials, you will receive Login ID and Password in your registered email ID for completion of the Application form and online payment.
- In case of any difficulties you may contact the helpdesk through e-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org and Phone No. 022-68202727 from 10 AM to 5 PM on working days.
To apply for IPU CET BCA, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of IPU CET BCA.
- Click on the link “Apply for IPU CET 2023”.
- Read all instructions then go to the bottom one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go to the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
Application Form Correction
While filling up the application form, Candidates are advised to take the most care. Still, if accidentally you made any mistake that differs from the actual data, you can correct it after a prescribed time period. The IPU CET BCA correction window will be open for few days in the last week of April. This will be the last chance to make corrections in the application form, so candidates are advised to make corrections carefully.
Payment for IPU CET BCA 2023 Application Form can be made online and offline. The Board will not accept any application form without prescribed application fees.
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
- Cash payment (Challan will be generated, and the fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
- Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.
IPU CET BCA Exam Pattern 2023 IPU CET BCA specifies various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
|S.NO.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Duration|
|1||English and Comprehension||15%|
|3||Computer Awareness||30%||2.5 Hours (150 min)|
|4||General Knowledge- IT and Science Related||25%|
- Mode of Examination: Offline mode (Paper-pen mode).
- Test Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes (150 minutes)
- Number of Questions: 150 questions (MCQ Type)
- Total marks: 600.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong response. Candidates must note that multiple responses to a question will be treated as the wrong answer.
In this table, we have mentioned the sample paper for many subjects like English, Mathematics, General Knowledge and Computer Knowledge.
English Language & Comprehension Sample Paper
Mathematics Sample Paper
Computer Awareness Sample Paper
|Computer Awareness Sample paper||Download Here|
|Computer Awareness Sample paper||Click Here|
General Knowledge Sample Paper
IPU CET Syllabus
The syllabus for IPU CET BCA 2023 test is as follows;
|Computer Awareness||Computer awareness.|
Organisation, CPU, Structure of CPU.
I/P and O/P devices.
Memory and backup devices.
|English Language & Comprehension-||Reading comprehension.|
Basics English grammar, sentence jumble, Sentence completion, Word Usage,
Synonyms, Idioms, and Phrases, Antonym, Analogy, Homophones, Migratory Words, Phrasal Verbs
|General Knowledge- IT and Science Related||Politics|
Banking and Finance
Institutions of India
Defence & Space
Awards & Honours
Science and Technology
Indian Industries etc.
The IPU CET BCA Exam consists of four subjects. The question paper will be based on the syllabus of Intermediate (10+2/equivalent). Good command of General English, Computer awareness and Mathematics will help you crack the IPU CET BCA exam. Per the previous year’s toppers of the IPU CET BCA exam, the mul-mantra of success lies in your “Time management strategy” and these highly recommended books for IPU CET BCA 2023 prescribed by experts year toppers.
The admit card of IPU CET BCA is an important document providing details about the candidate, the examination’s timing, the test centre’s address, the examination’s rules, etc. If the candidates fail to carry the admit card to the exam hall, they won’t be allowed to enter and write the test. You can follow these steps to download the admit card for the IPU CET BCA Entrance examination.
- Visit IPU CET entrance exam Official website
- Click on IPU CET Admit Card tab/link.
- Enter any two details from – Application Number, Date of Birth or Email ID.
- View and download IPU CET admit card.
- Take a clear print of the IPU CET entrance exam 2023 to admit card.
The cutoff ranks will be announced after the counselling process is over. For every round of counselling, the authority will declare a cutoff. Candidates scoring less than the stated cutoff will not be allowed to attend the counselling rounds.
IPU CET BCA Cutoff
Aspirants can download Round 1, 2, and 3 cutoff lists of BCA CET Code 114 for the academic session.
|IPU CET BCA Round Cutoff||Download Here|
|Round 01 of BCA Cutoff||Click Here|
|Round 02 of BCA Cutoff||Click Here|
|Round 03 BCA Cutoff||Click Here|
Here is the complete list of Category wise Cutoff trends (Previous Year Cut-off) for Top BCA colleges under IPU.
|Name of Institute||GNGND||OBGND||GNDCD||SCGND|
|Ambedkar Integrated Institute of Engineering & Technology||Min Rank-185 Max Rank-1213||Min Rank-1652 Max Rank-2580||Min Rank-4089 Max Rank-4089||Min Rank-1667 Max Rank-4585|
|BLS Institute of Technology & Management||Min Rank-1248 Max Rank-2863||NA||NA||Min Rank-4701 Max Rank-4701|
|Chandra Prabhu Jain College of Higher Studies||Min Rank-515 Max Rank-2029||NA||NA||NA|
- The Cutoff score for various participating institutes will be declared independently.
- Merit List will be prepared after the declaration of the cutoff marks.
- Selected Candidate will have to go through the Counselling process for admissions.
The authority will release the answer keys for the students to check their answers. If any candidate is aggrieved by their declared result of CET, they may, within a week, apply for inspection of their OMR answer sheet.
The tentative schedule of counselling and all will be notified by the University website after declaring the results. Students have to follow the counselling process for the allotment of their preferred institute.
- The counselling will be done based on a merit list.
- The detailed counselling schedule will also inform the list of required documents.
Applicants should retain a printout of the CET application form as proof of identity of the candidate at the time of counselling/admission.
- For BCA, the counselling will be done in online mode only.
- A total of three rounds will be held, and one is sliding around.
- The counselling processing fee is Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable).
- Based on the IPU BCA 2023 Cutoff and the rank obtained by the candidates, they shall be allotted seats in various management colleges affiliated with IP University.
- Each candidate must choose from/out of those available when their turn comes.
The test will be held in 15 cities across the nation. The candidates are required to fill the test city in the application form. The choices indicated by the candidates concerning the Centres shall only be considered as their preferred choices. The allotment of centres will be rearranged if that choice is not available. The list of the test cities, along with their city code, is tabled below.
|S.No.||Name of City||City Code|
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector – 16C Dwarka
Delhi – 110078, India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is IPU suitable for BCA?
A. Yes, IPU is a good choice for BCA because IPU has a good course curriculum for BCA.
How can I get BCA in IPU?
A. Candidates should fill and submit the application form for GGSIPU CET BCA along with the application fee per the necessary dates of GGSIPU CET BCA 2023. Before applying for the IPU CET, the BCA Paper applicant can check the eligibility for the exam.
Is IPU better than DU?
A. IPU is good if you get into the main campus of GGSIPU. The rest are of the same level. The main difference is that all of them are private, whereas DU colleges are centrally owned. You can find the best infrastructure of almost all DU colleges, rather better than IP being government.
Is IPU CET BCA tough?
A. BCA is neither tough nor easy as the maths you will study in BCA will be an advanced version of what you studied in your 12th. It will be comparatively tricky for non-mathematics students to clear the maths exam.
Is GGSIPU a private or government University?
A. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU or IP or IPU) is a public state university, not a Private University. A public university is publicly owned and receives public funds through the national or sub-national government, which private universities cannot.
How many rounds of Counselling are there in IPU?
A. There are three rounds of counselling. The university will conduct three rounds of IP University counselling followed by a sliding round and a spot admission round to fill the vacant seats.
How many colleges are under IPU?
A. There are 118 affiliated colleges of IP University offering UG and PG courses. The list of IPU colleges includes both government and self-financing colleges. There is a total of 83 self-financing institutes and 35 government institutes.
Does BCA have a scope?
A. Yes, BCA has a lot of scopes. After completing this course, BCA graduates have a good scope in jobs such as a Web Developer, Web Designer, Network Administrator, System Manager, Computer Programmer, Software Developer, Software Tester, etc., depending on the skills acquired during your BCA.