Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 6 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 6 Computer Syllabus As you know very well the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 6 Computer Syllabus for the academic year 2024-25.
The demand for Class 6 Computer at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Computer as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Computers. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills in reading and writing.
CBSE Class 6 Computer Syllabus Overview
Understanding the basic contents of the 6th class computer syllabus. Let us now discuss the subject-wise Class 6 Computer summary.
|CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
|Class 6 Free E-Book
Objectives of Class 6th Computer
The general objectives at Level 1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, and single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially concerning listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately.
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language.
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation.
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
Class 6 Study Material
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 6 NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|Previous Year Paper
|RS Aggarwal Solutions
|RD Sharma Solutions
CBSE Class 6 Computer Syllabus 2024-25
Understanding the basics contents of the Class 6 Computer Syllabus. Let us now discuss the subject wise Class 6 Computer syllabus with topics to be covered.
|Fundamental of Computer
|Review & Brief history of the computer, Basic components of the computer, Different I/O Devices, Computer Language, Software definition and its types, Computer Memory, Different types of Printers
|April to June
|Word Processing (MS Word)
|Header and footer, Formatting of the paragraph, Mail merge, Envelop and labels, Page column, Hyperlink, Drop cap
|April to June
|Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
|Review & Brief history of the computer, Basic components of the computer, Different I/O Devices, Computer Language, Software definition and its types, Computer Memory, Different types of Printers.
|July to September
|Formative Assessment-2 & Summative Assessment-1
|Advance features of MS PowerPoint
|Inserting different objects (i.e. images, Word Arts, audio & video etc.), Transitions in the slide. Custom Animation with text, Adobe Presenter.
|October to December
|Introduction to HTML Uses of HTML, HTML Tags, HEAD, TITLE, BODY, Empty and Container Tags.
|October to December
|Use of the Internet
|Overview of the Internet, Intranet, Different types of websites, Web Browsers, Opening of web pages and Web sites, Use of a search engine, Creation of an Email and using it, Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media sites, Networking and Networks
|January to March
|Formative Assessment-4 & Summative Assessment-2
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Do I Study With the Class 6th Computer Syllabus?
The Class 6 Computer Syllabus can plot an ideal study plan, so the students are always ready for their final exams and score good marks to remain ahead within the class. The students are advised to travel through the syllabus before beginning with their studies, so they plan the topics that are coming within the exams. They’ll also categorize the identical into easy, moderate, and difficult as per their mentality.
What is the syllabus of Class 6 Computer?
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 Computer is based on One book.
How do you teach Computer to 6th Class students?
Promote listening skills by telling your Class 6th students and asking them questions about the characters and the plot. Telling the story, rather than reading it, gives you the opportunity of observing your Class 6 students and see how much of the tale they are grasping. Teach sight words.
What are the books for Grade 1?
According to the Class 6 Syllabus, the NCERT Books for class 6 are – Computer.
Where will we get the free class 6 study material?
We are Edufever are Free and Open portal for all students to study with study material; we provide the free study material for all classes like syllabus, ebooks, worksheets, videos, sample papers, practice papers, NCERT Books etc.