MBBS in Pakistan: Pakistan is a country in South Asia. It is the world’s fifth-most populous country, with a population of almost 242 million, and has the world’s second-largest Muslim population. MBBS Stands For Pakistan Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery. MBBS is considered a highly qualified and professional degree in Pakistan, and its value never diminished. It is a renowned and demandable profession worldwide. In Pakistan, a Doctor receives huge respect for his services to humanity.
In Pakistan, the best career for male and female students is medical. The most demanding field in medicine in Pakistan means you intend to join the medical profession in the future. You may wish to become an MBBS doctor.
Table of Contents
- Country Summary
- Quick facts
- Recognition of Pakistan Medical College
- Admission Procedure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistan Medical Colleges Seats
- Number of registered medical colleges in Pakistan
- Documents Required
- MBBS Syllabus in Pakistan
- 12 Months Rotatory Internship
- Top MBBS Colleges in Pakistan with Fee Structure
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Pakistan
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Pakistan is situated between the Karakoram mountain range, the Himalayas and China in the northeast, Afghanistan in the northwest, Iran in the southwest, the Arabian Sea in the south, and India in the east.
|Language||Official Languages: Urdu/ English|
|Climate||cool, dry winter from December through February; a hot, dry spring from March through May;|
|Time Zone||(GMT+5) Pakistan Standard Time|
|Religion||96.47% are Muslims, 2.14% Hindus, 1.27% Christians, 0.09% Ahmadis and 0.02% others.|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Pakistan, let’s look at some quick facts about studying MBBS in Pakistan.
|Course Offered||Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)|
|Course Duration||5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depending on University)|
|Medium of Teaching||English/Urdu|
|Universities Recognition||WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO|
Recognition of Pakistan Medical College
The most critical factors in deciding on an excellent medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition, and other affiliating parameters. Pakistan MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Pakistan.
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
To gain Admission to Pakistan, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET exam that will help you boost your preparation.
If you want to study MBBS in Pakistan, check the eligibility below.
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Universities Recognition||Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC)1 & WHO|
Pakistan Medical Colleges Seats
Medical seats in Pakistan are allocated primarily based on merit through national or provincial entrance examinations such as MDCAT (Medical and Dental College Admission Test)
|Punjab and Islamabad||4200||4900||8680|
Number of registered medical colleges in Pakistan
In this selection, we will inform you about the number of registered medical colleges in Pakistan.
|Punjab and Islamabad||19||43||62|
Before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in Pakistan, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from Pakistan.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi2.
- Legalization of all documents from the Pakistan Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Pakistan
Studies suggest that before going to Pakistan for medical school, one should compare the MBBS syllabus of some of Pakistan’s top-ranked medical universities.
|Pre Clinical||Semester 1 – 2||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para Clinical||Semester 3 – 5||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings, OPDs|
|Clinical||Semester 6 – 9||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and allied subjects, Clinical postings|
12 Months Rotatory Internship
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||1 Month|
The course structure and topics are subject to change as per from university to university.
Top MBBS Colleges in Pakistan with Fee Structure
Below is the updated 2024-25 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Pakistan officially made by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC). To get detailed info about fee structure, courses offered, admission procedure, placement stats, cut-off, and facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or read more link. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Fee Structure|
|1.||Dow University of Health Sciences Karachi||3,20,933/Year|
|2.||University of Karachi||3,77,498/Year|
|3.||King Edward Medical University Lahore||3,20,933/Year|
|4.||Punjab University Lahore||3,20,933/Year|
|5.||Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women Sindh||3,20,933/Year|
|6.||The Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Sindh||3,20,933/Year|
|7.||University of Balochistan Quetta||3,20,933/Year|
|8.||Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University Sindh||31,900/Year|
|9.||University of Health Sciences Lahore||3,77,498/Year|
|10.||University of Sindh||3,77,498/Year|
Top MBBS Colleges in Pakistan with Fee Structure (Graphical Representation)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Pakistan
Do you know that the Ministry of Education oversees education in Pakistan? The first university was founded in 1367 in Pécs, the Southern region of Pakistan. Today, there are 65 higher education institutions in Pakistan, ranging from minor universities of applied sciences to top research universities. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Pakistan. Here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Pakistan
- Affordability: Pakistan offers an affordable medical education compared to many other countries, making it accessible to a broader range of students.
- High-Quality Education: Pakistani medical universities are known for their high education standards and experienced faculty.
- English-Medium Programs: Most MBBS programs in Pakistan are conducted in English, eliminating language barriers for international students.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Many universities have invested in modern facilities and equipment, providing students with a quality learning environment.
- Diverse Clinical Exposure: Pakistan’s diverse population ensures students encounter various clinical cases during their studies.
- Global Recognition: Pakistani medical degrees are widely accepted internationally, allowing graduates to pursue medical careers worldwide.
- Cultural Experience: Studying in Pakistan offers an immersive cultural experience, broadening students’ horizons and enhancing their communication skills.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Various scholarships and financial aid programs are available for international students.
- Lower Cost of Living: Pakistan has a relatively low cost of living, making it budget-friendly for students.
- Global Networking: Studying in Pakistan enables students to build international connections and friendships that can benefit their future medical careers.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Pakistan
- Language Barriers: Potential language challenges despite English-medium programs.
- Security Concerns: Safety issues in specific regions may be a concern.
- Cultural Adjustment: Adapting to a new cultural environment can be challenging.
- Limited Scholarships: Scholarship opportunities for international students may be limited.
- Bureaucratic Processes: Visa and administrative procedures can be time-consuming.
- Variable Infrastructure: The quality of facilities may vary among medical universities.
- Recognition Challenges: Some countries may have specific requirements for practising medicine.
- Competitive Admissions: Securing admission to medical schools can be highly competitive.
- Limited Electives: Restrictions on elective subjects or clinical rotations may apply.
- Cultural Distance: Significant cultural differences may lead to homesickness and adjustment difficulties.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
Popular countries for Indian students to pursue MBBS are Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Russia, and Ukraine.
Is MBBS abroad a good option?
Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
What is MBBS abroad?
MBBS abroad is a chance to study and complete your MBBS degree from a foreign university in a foreign country.
Which country is best for MBBS in Europe?
Romania, Italy, Germany, Belarus, and Georgia are some of Europe’s most popular destinations for MBBS.
Which country is the cheapest for Indian students to study abroad?
Norway, Malaysia, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium, and Denmark are the cheapest countries for Indian students to study abroad.
Which country is best for Indian students to study abroad?
Canada, Germany, Australia, the United States, and Italy are some of the best destinations for Indian students to study abroad.
Can poor Indian students study abroad?
Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. Several scholarships are open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students.
Which country has the lowest fees for MBBS?
Russia, Kazakhstan, Bangladesh, China, and Ukraine are a few countries that provide low-cost MBBS education.